- I am an Associate Professor at CASA, the mathematics Center for Analysis, Scientific Computing and Applications
of TU Eindhoven.
- I am in charge of a new group on Data-Driven Computational Science.
My research interests lie in the areas of numerical analysis, approximation theory, and machine learning. I like combining data of different nature such as sensor measurements and PDE models to solve problems, and I am particularly interested in the interplay between disciplines, where theory drives applications and applications influence theory development. My research activities include:
- Approximation and Learning: model reduction, neural networks, tensor methods
- Inverse Problems and Data Assimilation: optimal reconstruction schemes, sensor placement
- Numerical Analysis of PDEs: numerical solution of kinetic models, a posteriori error estimation, domain decomposition
- Applications: haemodynamics, pollution, epidemiology, nuclear engineering